Shoreline Inn Cares
May 31st, 2017
Shoreline Inn Cares
Miracle Miles for kids has been hosting an annual 10k fundraiser for 14 years that takes place from the iconic Morro Rock to Cayucos Pier. Proceeds help meet critical needs of the over 1,800 children, youth and families served by FCNI (Family Care Network, Inc.) annually.
The course is on a scenic 6.2 mile of flat beach. The race is scheduled to start during a negative tide to allow runners and walkers to be on the packed sand. Mile markers are on the course to help you measure your progress. There is a rocky point to cross 2.5 miles into the course. Participants are asked to follow the cones for the safest and quickest route over the rocks. Some years when there has been a lot of rain, there can be little streams to cross, so there is a chance that you could have wet shoes. Volunteers are available to help guide participants as well.
Year after year we have seen runners run by the Shoreline Inn as we cheer them on. This year we decided to gather a team of Shoreline Inn employees together with Lunada Garden Bistro staff and owners. Our team captain Monica gathered 11 members to be a part of Team Shark Attack and together raise money for SLO and Santa Barbara’s children in need. Our team didn’t win any medals for fastest or most money raised but we all completed with smiling faces and enjoyed the beautiful view.
- Prizes are awarded to the winners in the following categories:
- Fastest Male and Female overall
- Fastest male and female in the following age categories: 5-9, 10-14, 15-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70+
- Fastest Team
- Most pledges raised by an individual
- Most pledges raised by a team
- Not a Dog friendly event,.
- Family friendly event; children are encouraged to participate 5 and under are free.
- Next years race will be on Saturday April 21, 2018
- There is no time limit to cross the finish line but course support ends at 11:30.
- Shuttles will run from 9:30am-noon and will transport participants from the post-race celebration near the Vet’s Hall parking lot to Morro Rock.
- A meal is provided post race for race participants.
If you would like to participate in next years Miracle Miles 4 Kids 10k please go the their website and register, or if you would like to donate to team Shark Attack click on this link Donate to Team Shark Attack.