Best Family Vacation Spot
Why is Cayucos the best vacation spot for the whole family (even dogs)!
Cayucos State Beach is one of the best family beaches in California for surfing, swimming, tide-pooling, and soaking up the sun. It's no wonder why Cayucos is the best vacation spot for families.
- Tide Pools - Cayucos has some great tide pools just north of the pier and south of the Shoreline Inn. You can find lots of sea creatures like starfish, sea anemones, crabs, shells, and sand dollars. Just remember to be respectful of these beautiful creatures. Look, don't touch.
- Surf, kayak, or SUP (Stand up Paddle board) - Experiences make the best memories. Good Clean Fun rents all of the gear needed to learn how to surf, stand up paddle board, boogie board, and kayak. You can find more information and prices by visiting their website.
- Fun for Fido - Explore our Leash Free Beach, the Southern most beach in Cayucos. Your four-legged companion can run free on “Dog Beach” as the locals call it.
- Observe Wildlife - Any given day in Cayucos is a good day to sit back in your beach chair with some binoculars and look into the horizon. We have several species of whales swimming by; dolphins and sea otters love to play in the waves and a variety of coastal birds add to the show.
- Pier Fishing off Cayucos Pier - No license needed!
- Bon Fire on the Beach (North of the Pier, fire rings available on a first come basis) - A beach vacation with a warm bonfire on the beach and watching the water glimmering in the moonlight is an experience that every beach lover should have. While you're at it don’t forget the s’mores for the kiddos.
- Flying a Kite or Wind Surfing - Summertime wind provides a terrific opportunity for parents to show their kids how to fly a kite. If you're really adventurous, try wind surfing.
Choose Cayucos Shoreline Inn as your home base for your next family vacation. When you stay with Shoreline Inn, you're right on the beach and minutes from tons of things to do in Cayucos. And remember we are the most dog and pet friendly hotel in Cayucos!