Best Pet Friendly Hotel in Cayucos
Quick Tips for Traveling with Pets
Traveling with pets is becoming more popular in many hotels and cities. Shoreline Inn…on the beach is one of the best pet friendly hotels in Cayucos where you can travel and stay with your pet.
Before making the decision to travel with your pet, there are a few things that you should consider:
- Age- Older dogs can have issues that can prevent them from traveling comfortably, and a puppy may not be trained sufficiently and may have accidents that would incur additional cleaning fees.
- Temperament- Pets should be comfortable around people and other dogs. Aggressive or timid dogs can cause trouble with other pets.
- Illness or Injury- An injury or illness can prevent you and your pet from enjoying traveling.
Once you have decided whether your pet is fit to travel you will want to contact the hotel and ask if they allow pets and what their rules and charges are. Many hotels in Cayucos like the Shoreline Inn do not allow guests to leave dogs alone in rooms. Even some of the most well behaved pets can act different in unfamiliar places. A few tips:
- Ask reception for a list of pet friendly restaurants
- Check for dog friendly beaches and hikes. Morro Bay has an off leash dog beach, and Cayucos Bluffs also allows dogs.
- If you are planning a trip to Hearst Castle, they do not allow pets and a pet sitter is a great option.
Watch out for new things that your pet may be drawn to, such as new sights, smells, sounds and potentially dangerous items that might be ingested.
- Keep a close eye on your dog so that it doesn’t ingest anything that can make them sick.
- Ocean water is not your dog’s best friend; it can cause an upset stomach.
If a long drive is part of your travels keep in mind – Eat, Drink, Poop, and Play.
- Feed and Hydrate your dog at least 4 hours before you travel. It may help prevent your dog from getting motion sickness.
- Exercise and play with your dog before a long drive to maintain a calm pooch during your travels.
- Make sure that your pets ID tags are up to date with a current cell phone number.
We love seeing all of the beautiful dogs that come in through our doors at the Shoreline Inn as much as we enjoy their humans. Following these quick tips will allow you to maximize your travel experiences along with your pets. We wish everyone safe travels and see you soon at the most pet friendly hotel in Cayucos.